A friend was telling me about a piece of furniture she had refinished and how wonderful it turned out. I have to admit I never heard of chalk paint. Milk paint yes but not chalk paint. Well Annie Sloan out of the UK developed this paint in 30 different decorative and historical colors. It is made to work on furniture, floors and wall with a gorgeous matte finish.
Chalk Paint is a very special paint for very many reasons:
1. It’s the one of the best paints for painting furniture by a long way
2. No need to prime or prepare
3.Extremely low VOCs so it is good for the environment
4. You can use it on any surface, indoors and out ( the outside of our shop was painted in it- perfect!)
5. You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain
6. The colors are mixed intelligently and the web site shows how you can adapt your colors for your use
7. It’s a girls’ paint, but boys can use it too.
8. It’s flexible so you can be creative and change your mind
9. It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls
10. You can use it as an impasto ( thickly) – leave the lid off to thicken
11. We’ve been making it since 1990 so it’s tried and tested
It is available locally so please go to www.anniesloan.com for more information!!
Get your creative side to work and have fun!